miércoles, 5 de diciembre de 2012

Sevilla a Guillena

11/1/2012


Sevilla seems to be a descent city. Walked around for about three hours and due to my uncanny speed, was able to hit most of the high points. My favorite of all was the Plaza de Espana. Quite impressive I must say. The blue tiles really add a nice touch and I would say they make all the difference. Something to remember when I myself am constructing my own plaza de something. Of course the cathedral is no joke either. It´s supposed to be the biggest of something-or-other but I'm not sure anybody actually knows of what. Base? Volume? Carved people? Nobody knows. They´ll all say something different. 

I also happened to fall upon the "feria de naciones" which was taking place. The luck I have in coming across such cultural wonders is mindboggling. I had no idea the one thing world food has is common is that is all expensive. Even in India!!  

Now the Via de la Plata begins...
The path out of Sevilla is a bit confusing, but not too bad. The arrows are a bit smaller and less frequent than the France's which is a given, but generally the idea is to keep going if you don't see anything and hopefully eventually one will pop up. The caminos from Sevilla to guillena are in rather good condition. A mix of pavement around santo ponce (which has some roman amphitheaters or what not that are not to be missed, though of course I did happen to pass it by).  Later you turn off onto some nice dirt roads which will take you past some gypsies with dogs and onto Ghana where there´s a cool little trail along an elevated river bank. Winding up eventually in guillena. By the way, the path will run right into a bridge at which point u say " uh, now what?". Don't fret. Jump onto the road, go right, pass the police station and keep going. You'll see the only yellow arrow in the town I believe at that station. Further down the road is the albergue on the right with a little sign which states, obviously, albergue. There you'll most likely meet some Dutch guy who will love to speak to u in funny broken Dutch English, but listen to him because he's actually got some interesting stories.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario