sábado, 11 de agosto de 2012

From the beginning


It all started on the 4th of July. Happy burpday America!! A Benjamism. I found a bike in Madrid and after throwing the rest of my belongings in my friends garage, thanks again Rod and Roc, took the bus down to the captial city.  I had with me the bare essentials of any month long bike trip: 2 pairs of socks, 2 underpants, 3 shirts, flippyfloppies, shoes, you know...stuff. I bought the bike in Madrid and also got a free portion of fatty salami out of the deal. Score.

I start riding.  Lifes good, the breezes blow, the suns warm, and then sizzzzzzzzzz, what? flat tire.  and of all places inbetween cities, and of all times, around 8, when everything is closed.  So I walk, and walk.... and walk. To no avail.  Finally at around 12 at night I come across some kids playing soccor or something of the sort.  After a bit of chitchat they offer to sell me a tube for 10 euros.  Theyre quick on the situation.  After a bit more chitchat they take the tube out of one of thier bikes and give it to me.   In exchange, tandem rides for all.  What fun.  Little did I know that there was an intrisic problem with the front wheel that qould continsouly cut a hole in each and everytube.  Think. Think. Think. and then the answer.  all my problems were now about to be solved thanks a little piece of rubber I found at that moment on the ground.  To much to explain but another tube, this peice of rubber, a friendly bikeshop owner who bought me beer, and that was that.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario