viernes, 24 de agosto de 2012

Strange sea creatures and babies. Not too different.

Me and my feet taking in the shade or as some italian girl put it "a piece of shadow."
This has got to be the good life.

So as it turns out, Im still in the San Benedetto area.  Im telln ya, theres something about this lifestyle that makes it a  bit hard to leave eventhough no doubt there are other exciting adventures and landscapes ahead. All in good time I suppose.  So, the latest and the greatest.  Woke up from my forest slumber at the ripe hour of 6. The perfect time for some fitness and then a bit of swimming by the way.  The tide was particulary low which allowed me to view a strange sea creature.  "One of the likes may never have been seen before" thought me.  A kind of large snail type relative (of 10 or so inches in length) with funny flippers to propel itself through the salty sea.  I got rather close to the mysteriuos animal and it showed no sign of fret or panick, which lead me to believe that in order to remain so very calm in the presence of massive beast such as myself, it had a particulary powerfully potent defense mechanism.  Hmmm...  I decided we should be friends from a healthy distance.

On to the grocery store.  With melon and yogurt in hand I approach the checkout.  I choose a counter where, low and behold, theres a baby smiling at me and as is the common case, my presence captivates its attention.  The darling child stares at me for a good minute, which is a long time when your wondering why in the world is this kid looking at me for so long.  Then the smile ceases, and for no appearant reason tears and cries start flowing.  Of course at 9 oclock in the morning theres nobody but woman there, and of course everyone looks at the baby, then of course at me.  Wonderful. I do my best to hand gustar out of the situation saying in my best italian accent "yo no hize nada!"

Then I got to thinking,  these here little kids may have something long lost from their grownup counterparts.  Without showing any sign to the contrary, the fact is that I was thinking to myself that it wasn't the cutest baby I've ever seen.  It know something was up and therefore unleashed its own defense system.  Should've kept my distance.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario