miércoles, 5 de septiembre de 2012

Yes, boats kick and they kick hard.

Beware of the kicking boats!! Thats all I have to say to you should you go swimming the the Adriatic.

The lack of nighttime and morning breezes, though allowing every mosquito in the galaxy an attempt to annoy me all night long, sure makes for some calm smooth seas. And these are the times I really spread my wings out into the open waters.  Today was no different except for the fact that out there in the black hole of sea space, while swimming from buoy to buoy, I came across another intrepid soul.  A German I believe. Why do I say this?  Let's see if you can figure it out. 

A fine chubby fellow who spoke to me in English. He wanted to warm me about the rules and regulations regarding the buoys and which side of them we could rightfully swim on. He also pointed out his bay watch type floaty to which he was connected by a narrow rope stating that to be out that far away from the shore it was a requirement to have. Wow! Somebody did their " going for a swim on the beach of Italy homework." I wonder which other kind of silly fiddly rules he knew about?  Maybe that if it's not illegal, it's definitely frowned upon to take a bite of a whole tomatoe after each of a large ham sandwich or eating your cereal directly from the milk box you have to cut open with a knife. Hey, but at least we can run around all day long in out righty whites, or righty grayes as the case might be for some, without a care in the world. Of course with the one caveat that you must be at least 10 miles from a swimming spot.  Got a bathtub? You're good to go!  
Anyway, so the German continued to tell me that a rowing event was taking place and that if somebody was unfortunate enough to be found on the wrong side of the  buoys when they passed by, that person ran the risk of getting kicked by  a boat.  Kicked by a boat!? My goodness! I wouldn't even wan to get hit by one let alone kicked. Good grief! If its not one danger, it's another in this land of chaos. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario